If we talk about reshmi kabeb, the term reshmi is the indian word and in English it is known as “silk”. This is a fitting descriptor for these succulent chicken kababs, a typical Mughlai dish cooked in India and Pakistan. They have a velvety texture and taste great.
The luscious succulence of the meat added to the skewers gives reshmi kabeb its name. The marinade that the meat is steeped in gives the flesh this texture. It is a popular dish in india and Pakistan. They made kabebs in their special occasions.
Ingredients For Reshmi Kabeb:
- Mozzarella cheese grated 2 tbs
- Cheddar cheese grated 2 tbs
- Cream 3 tbs
- Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) 1 tbs
- Pyaz (Onion) 3 medium
- Chicken boneless cubes ½ kg
- Podina (Mint leaves) 2 tbs
- Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) 2 tbs
- Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 2 tbs
- Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
- Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Sabut dhania (Coriander seeds) crushed 1 tbs
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed 1 tbs
- Lal mirch (Red chili) crushed 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Khopra (Desiccated coconut) 1 tbs
- Namak (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- Hari mirch (Green chilies) 3-4
- Makhan (Butter) 2 tbs (room temperature)
- Cheddar cheese grated 3 tbs
- Mozzarella cheese grated 3 tbs
- Cream 2 tbs
- Cooking oil 1-2 tbs
Method For Reshmi Kabeb:
Add mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cream and green coriander in a mixer and mix them well your creamy and cheese sauce is ready. Put the onion in a chopper and grind it finely, now put a muslin cloth in a bowl and add the chopped onion in it and squeeze out excess water with the help of hands.
Now in a chopper add chicken, coriander, mint leaves, squeezed onions, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, baking soda, crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds, crushed red chili, garam masala, coconut, green chilies, butter, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and cream and chop them well until combined and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Dip your hand in water and take a little of your mixture in your hand and make kabebs on wooden skewers. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook kabebs until golden brown dish out and apply prepared cream and cheese sauce generously on all sides in between. Reshmi kabeb is ready to eat . Serve it with green chutney or raita.
You Can Also Do This:
Traditionally, these kababs are made with lamb, beef, or chicken meat. Scallops or prawns can make excellent substitutions.
Green chilies, a few serrano peppers with the seeds can all be added; just puree them in a food processor first. In order to avoid changing the flavor of the meal, you can add a hotter variety of chili to a curry that calls for fresh chilies. For a milder spice, you can alternatively scrape the inside of the jalapeño and add only the seeds. If not, you can simply add cayenne pepper or chili powder.
If you want to eat authentic Pakistani reshmi kabeb you can order now.